Tuesday 24 June 2008

STRIPES, SHAPE AND VOLUME


Jacket - Jenny Hällström
Skirt - my Mother's old, modified by me
Shoes - Sixtyseven You


I love the volume of this skirt. And the fact that it has huuuge pockets that can fit most of what my handbag does (ok, I'm referring to a quite small handbag here but anyway). My mom re-discovered it in her closet at our summerplace last year and figured I'd like it. Originally a bit longer, I've taken the hem up a bit but sewn it with loose stiches quite far from each other to make the hem all fluffy and puffy. The skirt has an elastic lace belt in the waist that gives it a great shape and a rounded hip. And a big behind. Which is great. Booty, hell yeah!

15 comments:

Me said...

So beautiful!

J. Rene' said...

You are funny! Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk! Good look girlie!

Lil' Puch said...

Love the way you make fun and fashion out of anything, i'll go through my mom's closet...

ina said...

You sew it up quite recently, right (or since after last summer)? I remember it was longer. I think it fits you actually even better now.

Pratishtha Durga said...

I love the way you mix elements old and new, to create such a stunning look. But what I love most are the shoes. Love that red!

esme and the laneway said...

Love those shoes, and the skirt is great!

Maxie said...

wish my mom had such cool skirts :)

stunning

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Beka : thank you :)

Sublillmey Tredoid : Haha, exactly

Lil Puch : I've been lucky to get a lot of my mother's and grandmother's stuff! Some work just as they are, some I have to modify a bit.

Ina : I think it shrunk a bit when I machine-washed it...

Pratishtha Durga : Thank you. I really like the soes myself too, I just can't get enough of them.

Esme & Maxie : thank you :)

Anonymous said...

that skirt is a dream!well done... :.)

anna said...

lovely as hell! I'm trying to avoid everything that gives a bigger behind, I wish I had a tiny small ass. Yours looks great, though :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sariti : thank you dear

Anna : I actualy have quiite much of a derrière already and I tried to "dress it away" and wished it was smaller for years and years. But now I just realized it's better the way it is, phew, what a relief!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Great skirt, especially with those heels.

the upper vest side said...

I just found your blog today. Killer style! :)

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty and this look is awesome!

megan said...

sweet outfit, hot shoes!

megan / http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com