Saturday 24 November 2012

TIKI TIME!


Yesterday I did a show at Kokomo, the tiki restaurant.
I always love myself a good excuse to dress up and go all tiki! And to have LOTS of tiki drinks. Especially now in November.


The dress is from Bettie Page clothing, a set I bought just before Dag was born, although then  I of course couldn't use but the top (here). And after the delivery I had to add a safety pin to be able to close this in the waist, and didn't really look that good in it even. But now this one is  already on the bigger side for me. Haha! A great dress none the less, and I absolutetly totally and very much love the pattern. And clashing it with another pattern I love, leopard.

 (I love the fact that I am all back to normal by now but I kind of miss that big belly of mine. Have to do one more round then I guess :)

If somebody wonders the shoes ar a couple of years old or so, bought in Tallinn, and the leopard bow belt is from Carlings, many many years ago. Btw something like 2006 is so long ago already, if you think about it. Not to mention, well, 2003 for example. I didn't even read my email every day back then. Nor have internet of my own in my crib.Whoah.

8 comments:

Natalia L. said...

I love how the dress looks with those leopard shoes! Gorgeous!

And I know the feeling of missing the big belly, lately I'm inspired again, but I don't think my husband is up to the task, and to say I wanted three more... Oh well, I'll have to settle just for one.

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Retro Mum said...

Yes perfect combo! You are absolutely stunning!

I see those baby bumps all the time now and it is a lonely feeling not having one anymore :-( My little nugget is only 3 and half months and I miss the belly so much sometimes!

Maja said...

Love the combi of leo and the dress' pattern. You look absolutely amazing as always;)

Anna Vee said...

As I just got back from Hawaii a week ago, your post made me want to go back immediately! I'm so glad we brought home a couple of wooden tiki statues as souvenirs. I may have to go look at them now. :)

You look beautiful and the dress is absolutely amazing!

Sales, Smiles and Styles said...

This is a great look-was wondering if you could explain what exactly is "tiki", I think it's a look I've been trying to get for a while but am not succeeding very well as I don't know what I'm looking for! The flowers in your hair for example (I love!)-I'm constantly on the lookout for them but I have no idea what they're called!

Adorable shoes!

Zoë Winters said...

What a perfect dress on a beautiful lady! :) x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Sales, Styles & Smiles : Tiki is a style / culture originally form the US inspired and influenced by pacific islands (polynesia etc) in a stereotypic way. The first Tiki bar was already etablished in the 30's but tikistyle grew bigger after WW2. Just google, say tiki, tiki stuyle, pin up, rckabilly, luau and so on for inspiration. .. Tropical prints, sarong dresses etc flowers int he hair, bangles, bamboo jewlry etc. I find tiki-sinpired things wuite kitshcy and like to play around with tropical styles, I don't think you have to go by any "rules".

Elizabeth said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern of the dress.